Friday, October 11, 2013

It's All In The Eye Of The Beholder.

How do you judge a painting, as a work of art or as a complete disaster? For an artist that is the million dollar question. Someone once said that the following was the true definition of painting.

Painting, n: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather, and exposing them to the critic.


Pretty funny, huh? I thought so. Profound words if I do say so myself. Some days I look at various paintings and wonder what could have ever been the inspiration behind them? Some of them are even famous works of art!






Me, viewing
Salvador Dali at the Metropolitan Art Museum 
Chicago, Illinois

One of my sweet dear painting friends calls a group of us the Van Go Go Girls.

Vincent Van Gogh said, "I dream of painting, then I paint my dream." Well said Buddy, but we all know how you ended up!



Self Portrait of Vincent Van Gogh

Sometimes you even look like you belong in the art!



My Sweet Husband James who took me to Chicago to see the great works of art.

At the end of the day you might just say that any behavior that is not what we call the status quo could be called insanity, when maybe the real facts are it is it might just be a form of art.  Insanity like art is sorta in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment