Sunday, October 13, 2013

I'm A Little Teapot...Well Maybe Not So Little?


"My only worry is the painting I'm doing. Nothing else."
David Hockney
Not necessarily true for me, but it is the place I go to for escape.  When things are overwhelming and I hate to admit they ever are, but it is true.  I paint.  This fall has there has been a lot of overwhelming things that took me to the studio more than ever.  Looking forward to winter and then maybe spring?


This piece was started at a workshop months ago and never completed.  Today, I needed something to work on and everything in the studio is too wet to manipulate, so out came this unfinished painting.  Still unsure if I like it or not, and still unsure if I am ready to say finished or not.  
A fellow artist recently told me how you know when a painting is finished....you hear the word "SOLD." That's when you know.  Smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment